Sunday 2 February 2014

may's most anticipated books of 2014 :: pt. I

Oh hi, February!! Fancy seeing you here, you little nugget! I'm sooo excited to be rid of January, even though it was full of amazing books. Now we're onto the ever so lovely Springtime, where everything is better and clean and fresh and a great prologue to Summer. Plus, there's a TON of delicious books waiting to be released from here on out... Squeeeee!!!

HOTHOUSE FLOWER by KRISTA AND BECCA RITCHIE
release date :: march 2014

Ryke Meadows, meet Daisy Calloway...she's all grown up.

Oh my sweet baby Jesus!!! I think the title of this series is so apt to everything I feel whenever I read these books... I am nothing short of absolutely, hopelessly, ridiculously addicted! It's kind of embarrassing, really, but who cares? Certainly not me! Who needs dignity anyways? Crawling pathetically and begging Krista and Becca for a new book or even a little bone or a teaser to quench my urges is the way to go, my friends! You'll understand once you read this series, believe me.

Oh. What's that? Huh? You've never read this series?! Ummm... OK. First, WHAT!??! Second, you need to reevaluate your life choices...majorly. Third, BUY THESE BOOKS. And finally, I suppose I could try to crack this for you real quick, but you really must buy these books. Like, legit have to. You'll be doing yourselves a favor, peeps. No joke. But anyway... In a nutshell, Daisy Calloway and Ryke Meadows were never meant to happen, or so everyone thought... She's 18 and a sweet girl living a life way beyond her years. He's 25 and a hothead with a potty mouth and a rough exterior that would scare everyone away. Not her, though, not our little daredevil. There's so much more than what meets the eye between Daisy and Ryke... and you know what they say, the forbidden fruit always tastes the best. Or something. You get my drift. Anyway... Expect an unhealthy dose of explosive chemistry and a nice little dose of some harsh reality that you'll never want to escape. Can I wake up tomorrow and see that it's March? Please? Oh come on, I'm doing puppy eyes here! -- See the book on Goodreads right here.

CRASHED by K. BROMBERG
release date :: march 3, 2014

When life crashes down around us, how hard are we willing to fight for the one thing we can't live without: each other?

Yep! Holy mother of (cruel) cliffhangers!! If you've read the two previous books, Driven and Fueled, you'll be familiar with Colton Donavan, a sexy as all hell racecar driver who makes women swoon and panties drop everywhere on the globe; and Rylee Thomas, a sweet, feisty girl whose dreams include helping troubled kids overcome their deepest, darkest problems. Colton and Rylee have faced their fair share of drama in the previous 2 books (that Tawny beeee-otch, ugh) and were finally on the right track when... boom! Tragedy strikes again. Seriously, these cliffhangers drive me stinkin' mad! Especially when book 2 was released on August 25th, 2013!!! YES!!! Aaaaaahhhh!!! If I didn't love Colton and Rylee so much... sigh! Now we have a one month wait until the final installment of the Driven trilogy and I can't wait! Buuuuh-ring it! -- See the book on Goodreads right here and my Driven review right here. Spiderman. Batman. Superman. Ironman. Yeeep...


CAPTIVATED BY YOU by SYLVIA DAY
release date :: TBA (seriously, though? gaaah!)

We faced a terrible choice: the familiar safety of the lives we'd had before each other or the fight for a future that suddenly seemed an impossible and hopeless dream...

Squeee!! Yes, Sylvia, I am beyond captivated by you! You and this series. Y'all know what I'm talking about. Crossfire is just the bomb diggity. It is, no one can argue that. Gideon Cross and Eva Tramell are just on a league of their own, I'm afraid. If you're unfamiliar with this series - which I sincerely doubt, but you never know -, this is the FOURTH book of the Crossfire series bonanza. Yep, the sequel to Bared to You (#1), Reflected in You (#2) and Entwined with You (#3) - which, by the way, was released on June 4th. If things go on this way, it'll have been a YEAR when the new book is released. We don't even have a cover yet, nor do we have a release date (!!!!) At first I'd heard some murmurs about it being in May, but now I'm unsure. Still, despite all these anti-climatic dealings, I am still panting for this book like a friggin' dog in heat. I am, no denying. Embarrassing, but it is what it is. Personally speaking, I'd be content with 3 books, but I'm not gonna turn away from 2 more... *wink* I'll never have enough of Gideon and Eva, to be honest. The last book was so intense (airplane scene, anyone?!) and no one can write like Sylvia can. It's just impossible. So, yep, here I am, pathetically begging for a release date or a cover (or the book itself, hey! If you want to give it to me, who am I to say no?!?). Pleaaaaase, Sylvia? Pleasepleasepleaseplease? -- See the book on Goodreads right here.

RUSH TOO FAR by ABBI GLINES
release date :: may 6, 2014

Fall all over again...

Have I, by any chance, mentioned how much I LIVE for a guy's POV from books I fell in love with? No? Well, allow me: I LOVE A GUY'S POV FROM BOOKS I FELL IN LOVE WITH! Yes!!! Case in point: Walking Disaster, from my favorite book ever Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire. Ooooh, Travis. Next? Hmm... Remy, from one of my absolute favorite alpha males books ever to exist - Real by Katy Evans. Ooooh, Remington Tate. Until You, from one of the books that I still can't shake off to this day - Bully by Penelope Douglas. Love you, Jared! Need I go on? I could, but I'll just tell you that Rush Finlay is one hell of a sexy mother phuckaaaah. Yep, he is! He and Blaire Wynn are one of the sweetest couples I've read to this day, and his love for her can withstand anything (whoa, Nannette! One of the most hateful characters I have ever read, hands down!). This is a book I cannot wait for, and it basically tells the story we've seen on Fallen Too Far through Rush's eyes. Dying for it?! I know!!! I am too!!! Only downside is having to wait until May... sigh. But I still love you bunches for doing this, sweet Abbi! Thank you, love! BRB, peeing my pants in the meantime! Oopsie! -- See the book on Goodreads right here and my major freak out over hearing the news here. 3 months to go! Start the countdown! Eeeeek!



THOUGHTFUL by S.C. STEPHENS
release date :: TBA

Ladies, meet Kellan Kyle, the world's hottest D-Bag! And then meet me, the proudest D-Baguette!!! Bahaha, how crazy does this sound?! Continuing the major freak out that happened up there about guys' POV's, here we have none other than THE sexiest musician, Kellan Kyle! Mr. Kellan "Delicious" Kyle here was at the center of one of the most anguished, craziest, hottest, most sinful love triangles in recent times -- the Thoughtless trilogy, anyone?! Yep, thought that might ring a bell with y'all! The absolutely amazeballs S.C. Stephens is giving us the mother of all treats... a book in Kellan's POV! Yaaaaay!!!! Squeee squeee squeeeee!!!! Let me hug you real tight, S.C.! Sigh, the Thoughtless trilogy literally took my heart out of my chest, went on to grind it into hamburger meat and then served it to me on a silver platter. I might've had a small heart attack or two, mind you. We had Kiera Allen's version of events, now it's our chance to get inside Kellan's head! I just had to wipe a fat drop of drool off my chin, you guys. I'm serious. While we don't have a cover or a release date as of yet, we've been given small teasers by the author, and my appetite is certainly awoken! Gimme, gimme, gimme! -- See the book on Goodreads here

---

That's part I for you! Holy mama, I did have a lot to say, didn't I? Oops... Part II to come real soon! Which books are you most excited for? Leave me a comment below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment